Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] rebuild catalog when bscan fails

2009-11-01 18:11:07
Subject: [Bacula-users] rebuild catalog when bscan fails
From: "Joost Bekkers" <joost AT jodocus DOT org>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 23:47:03 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

Shot myself in the foot today big time and needed to read the existing
volumes back into the catalog.

Turns out bscan refuses to read any volume of my virtualfull pool (Record
header file index # not equal record index #). Volumes of the incremental
pool are read ok.

I'll write a proper bug report about the virtualfull/bscan combo tomorrow.
In the mean time: is there any other way to rebuild the catalog?

I've tried bextract, but it fails in the same manner as bscan.

The setup was still in test phase, but I'm backing up a 80GB system over a
link that gets me 300kB/s at best. So I REALLY want to recover the catalog
and not do a real full backup.

Thanks.

Joost Bekkers.