Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] I don't understand why I get this error message

2009-10-22 12:02:01
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] I don't understand why I get this error message
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Gabriel - IP Guys <Gabriel AT impactteachers DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 11:57:38 -0400
On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Gabriel - IP Guys
<Gabriel AT impactteachers DOT com> wrote:

> [...]

Take a look at auto labeling in the manual.

http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Basic_Volume_Management.html#SECTION002612000000000000000

BTW (since you have 7TB), have you set any of the following options in
your pool definition?

    * Use Volume Once = yes
    * Volume Use Duration = ttt
    * Maximum Volume Jobs = nnn
    * Maximum Volume Bytes = mmm

http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Automatic_Volume_Recycling.html

Without doing that bacula will create a single volume and this will
make retention periods not have no effect because retention only
begins after a volume is marked Full or Used.

John