Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] I don't understand why I get this error message

2009-10-22 08:48:20
Subject: [Bacula-users] I don't understand why I get this error message
From: "Gabriel - IP Guys" <Gabriel AT impactteachers DOT com>
To: <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:44:57 +0100

Dear All,

I am getting an error message http://pastebin.com/m3f62d27c

21-Oct 23:10 Bacula-Director JobId 11: Fatal error:

     Storage daemon didn't accept Device "FileStorage" because:

     3924 Device "FileStorage" not in SD Device resources.

 error message in bacula.log above

I'm just confused that I can get this error message, when Device "FileStorage" is SD Device resources.

 bacula-sd.conf excerpt below

Device {

  Name = FileStorage

  Media Type = File

  Archive Device = /backup

  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media

  Random Access = Yes;

  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it

  RemovableMedia = no;

  AlwaysOpen = no;

}

This does not make sense to me, as what the error message is telling me is contrary to what I can see – any ideas, appreciated J

---

Kind Regards,

Mr Gabriel