Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Win64 fd: Does not read conf file

2009-10-13 08:41:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] Win64 fd: Does not read conf file
From: George Shaw <george AT fischershaw DOT org>
To: "'bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 19:36:34 -0700

As far as I can determine, the Win64 bacula-fd service does not actually read the provided conf file. It complains about being unable to read a “monitor_name@” file on line 35. This is indeed how the default conf file comes after setup (as listed in bacula-fd.conf.in in the source tree). But then I commented out all those lines defining a local director for the tray, as there is none in Win64. And still the error persists when trying this in –t mode from cmd. Just for fun, I rebooted the server to no avail. There is no other .conf file on the entire server.

So the app appears to be using some internal default, and not actually reading the file.

To prove this assertion, I added the line “bonk” at the top of the conf file. No change in the error output.

A win32 fd-only setup works fine.

Maybe I’m missing something obvious.