Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Auto recycle volume

2009-10-13 08:41:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Auto recycle volume
From: Hannes Gruber <hannes AT usw DOT at>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 16:45:15 +0200
Juche Kirill,

> For example I fill all 3 volumes with 10G each by 20 days.
> How to make auto recycle of latest volume?
As far as I understood, this is not possible.
If you setup your backup strategy you define that you will be Able to
recycle files up to 30 Days.
If your storage space runs out, and you have to recycle volumes before
that time, this is a lost of level of service. This will never be done
automatcally. This has to be done by you by hand, so that you know, what
you are doing, and that you should probably increase storage space.

Purge (or prune I allways mix them up) the Volumes by hand.

Hannes