Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Using multiple drives

2009-10-10 08:37:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Using multiple drives
From: Jesper Krogh <jesper AT krogh DOT cc>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 14:11:39 +0200
tpcshadow wrote:
> If I run one job (say job A to pool A), the tape from pool A stays in
> drive 0. After that has finished, if I start another job (say job B
> to pool B), the library will remove the pool A tape from drive 0 and
> replace it with the pool B tape in drive 0.

I think that is just "how it works". I suppose it is due to the amount
of people really having "spare" drives are very few, in my setup I have
2 x LTO3.. and I have the same scenarie, drive 0 basically ends up
taking all incremental work and some differential + full working every
day, but drive 1 is only used during high load (weekends with
full/differential runs).

Without having looked into the code, I would suspect it to be af fairly
trivial patch. I'll suggest you to look into it or at least sending a
feature request for the Projects-file for the project.

--
Jesper