Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula director Postgresql related crash on FreeBSD

2009-10-09 05:39:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula director Postgresql related crash on FreeBSD
From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno AT ioda-net DOT ch>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 11:35:29 +0200
I'm not an expert of C++ but You really have a trouble in the db_accurate_jobis
as they normally should be BIGINT.
(postgresql saying ok I'm trunk it to .. so results are surely wrong)

Is it the only accurate job you run ?

And is the db set SQLASCII not UTF-8 ? (should be as other jobs works)

Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm running Bacula 3.0.2 on FreeBSD/amd64 7.2 using Postgresql 8.3.7
> and currently runing into a problem where the bacula director crashes
> with a segfault / bus error when I run some of my backup jobs.  It's
> 100% reproduceable for at least the one job, but another job worked
> just fine.
>
> I suspected that perhaps that there was a database consistency
> problem, so I ran dbcheck which found some orphaned Path and Filename
> records, but otherwise didn't complain.
>
> It seems like either a use after free error, or perhaps just incorrect
> error handling.
>
> When running with debug I get the following shortly before the crash:
>
> sp-dir: getmsg.c:138-2067 bget_dirmsg 64: Status
> Job=crit-source-safe.2009-10-08_12.50.11_03 JobStatus=82
>
> sp-dir: sql_get.c:1181-2067
> db_accurate_get_jobids=ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª
>
> I have attached the rest of the debug output I collected (just let me
> know if more is needed).
>
> Does anyone have an idea about what's going on?
>
> PS. I'm generally very happy with Bacula, so thanks to all involved
> who have helped bring Bacula to where it is today :-).

> http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconference

     Bruno Friedmann

Ioda-Net Sàrl
  2830 Vellerat - Switzerland

  Tél : ++41 32 435 7171
  Fax : ++41 32 435 7172
  gsm : ++41 78 802 6760
  www.ioda-net.ch

 Centre de Formation et de Coaching En Ligne
 www.cfcel.com