Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Confusion in setting up Bacula to Windows Clients

2009-10-08 12:31:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] Confusion in setting up Bacula to Windows Clients
From: "John BORIS" <jboris AT adphila DOT org>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 12:26:48 -0400
I had to rebuild my Bacula setup here and lost all of my setups.
Currently I am trying to get the Windows client to talk to my Bacula on
my RHEL 5 setup. Looking at the manual I can't wrap my head around the
configuration. In my director I have this setup:

Client {
  Name = John
  Address = 172.31.6.95
  FDPort = 9102
  Catalog = MyCatalog
  Password = "XXXXXX2"         # password for FileDaemon 2
  File Retention = 30 days            # 30 days
  Job Retention = 6 months            # six months
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired Jobs/Files
}

on the Windows machine I have

# List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon
#
Director {
  Name = jerome-dir
  Password = "@client_password@"
}

#
# Restricted Director, used by tray-monitor to get the
#   status of the file daemon
#
Director {
  Name = jen-a-sys2-mon
  Password = "YYYYYYYYY"
  Monitor = yes

When I try to find the status using bconsole it keeps telling me that
it can't connect to the client here is the error message:

Connecting to Client John at 172.31.6.95:9102
Failed to connect to Client John.
====
08-Oct 12:24 jerome-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Unable to authenticate
with File daemon at "172.31.6.95:9102". Possible causes:
Passwords or names not the same or
Maximum Concurrent Jobs exceeded on the FD or
FD networking messed up (restart daemon).
Please see
http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION003760000000000000000
for help.

Any help or pointer to an explanation would be appreciated.

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"