Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula director Postgresql related crash on FreeBSD

2009-10-08 09:23:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula director Postgresql related crash on FreeBSD
From: "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon AT FreeBSD DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 15:02:54 +0200
Hey,

I'm running Bacula 3.0.2 on FreeBSD/amd64 7.2 using Postgresql 8.3.7
and currently runing into a problem where the bacula director crashes
with a segfault / bus error when I run some of my backup jobs.  It's
100% reproduceable for at least the one job, but another job worked
just fine.

I suspected that perhaps that there was a database consistency
problem, so I ran dbcheck which found some orphaned Path and Filename
records, but otherwise didn't complain.

It seems like either a use after free error, or perhaps just incorrect
error handling.

When running with debug I get the following shortly before the crash:

sp-dir: getmsg.c:138-2067 bget_dirmsg 64: Status
Job=crit-source-safe.2009-10-08_12.50.11_03 JobStatus=82

sp-dir: sql_get.c:1181-2067
db_accurate_get_jobids=ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

I have attached the rest of the debug output I collected (just let me
know if more is needed).

Does anyone have an idea about what's going on?

PS. I'm generally very happy with Bacula, so thanks to all involved
who have helped bring Bacula to where it is today :-).

--
Simon L. Nielsen