Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] maximum concurrent job not functioning as expected

2009-09-28 13:50:25
Subject: [Bacula-users] maximum concurrent job not functioning as expected
From: Free BSD <freebsd AT vfemail DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:46:16 +0000
Dear List Members

I have Bacula up and running, which is working fine, except for one issue.

I have set the maximum concurrent job to 13 in all the expected sections
in bacula-dir.conf (Director, Client, Job and storage). i can see that
all the jobs are listed as R in the job status, but nothing is written
on the storage simultaneously (checked it with ls -lah). Of course, once
one is done, the other one begins -- but that is it! not simultaneously,
not concurrent, but just one after another.

On my bacula-sd.conf and bacula-fd.conf I have the numbers set to 20, so
that should be fine. But somehow it is NOT so. Any other thing I should
check?

The OS is FreeBSD, 7.2 stable, and the package is built from scratch.

any and all help is highly appreciated
Thank you.