Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] One Library LTO3 and LTO4 drives

2009-09-28 12:09:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] One Library LTO3 and LTO4 drives
From: Mitch Anderson <mitch AT metauser DOT net>
To: "Watson, Joe" <ISJOEWAT AT oklahomacounty DOT org>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:57:54 -0600

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 7:54 PM, Watson, Joe <ISJOEWAT AT oklahomacounty DOT org> wrote:
let me know if you get it working i would like to see how. i have been working on mine for sometime trying to get it working. i hope i was of any help

First... I'm a little embarrassed to say, that I hadn't run lsscsi -g, but after installing it and running it I noticed that my new LTO4 drive had taken over the /dev/nst1 slot and the second LTO3 drive was at /dev/nst2.  However, in doing this poking around I noticed that mtx -f /dev/sg1 status listed only 2 Drives, not the three that I had.  So, without making changes to my bacula-sd.conf from above other than to update the devices for my LTO4 drive and second LTO3 drive, I did a firmware update on the tape library and the drive itself... rebooted the server and mtx then showed the three drives that I had.  Not sure why it required a firmware update on the library, as it was already telling me it had three drives... After mtx saw all three drives however, I was able to successfully label all the new LTO4 tapes in the library and make them part of the proper pool... and my first backup went fine.

-Mitch