Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] VirtualFull backup on the same file based pool/device

2009-09-24 17:19:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] VirtualFull backup on the same file based pool/device
From: Nicolae Mihalache <mache AT abcpages DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 22:40:03 +0200
Hello,

I read in the bacula manual and in the bacula-devel mailing list that it
should work to perform a VirtualFull backup on the same pool (and on the
same device I presume).
http://www.bacula.org/manuals/en/concepts/concepts/New_Features.html#SECTION00370000000000000000
http://www.mail-archive.com/bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT
net/msg04593.html
For me it doesn't :(
I have two pools, one for incremental backup and one for the full
backups and I want the virtual full to be performed in the full backup pool.
However, bacula seem to enter a deadlock saying that the job is waiting
for the device for writing while the same device is open for reading.

All these are file based backups and I have created 4 volumes in the
full backup pool. Only one of them is used, the other three are empty. I
would expect bacula to read from the used volume and to write in one of
the three not used, all in the same pool on the same device.
Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks,
nicolae