Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] filestorage - disk - could not open file device - no volume name given

2009-09-14 11:24:09
Subject: [Bacula-users] filestorage - disk - could not open file device - no volume name given
From: Radim Roska <radim.roska AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 17:20:04 +0200
Hello,

Im new to bacula, installed it on 3 servers and run first job ok(im
sending data by ssh tunnel because tls didnt work for me)...

it backups around 180GB data on 400GB device. Pool had defined 10x25GB
volumes and run out of space after first full backup(dont understand
that:/) So i modified it to 13x25GB and labeled new volume but when i
run new job it does not continue on this volume. (device is there - in
db and also on fs)

|      44 | Volumes0041 | Append    |       1 |            394 |
 0 |    2,678,400 |       1 |    0 |         0 | File      |
0000-00-00 00:00:00 |

Ive umount storage and now when i mount it again it gives me this error:
3901 Unable to open device "FileStorage" (/backups/): ERR=Could not
open file device "FileStorage" (/backups/). No Volume name given.

in status storage command i can see that done jobs in total wrote
around 180G so dont know what is remaining 70G of data.

Follows some additional info about configuration and status.

Please help :)

status of storage:
Device status:
Device "FileStorage" (/backups/) is not open.
    Device is BLOCKED. User unmounted during wait for media/mount.
Configured device capabilities:
EOF BSR BSF FSR FSF EOM !REM RACCESS AUTOMOUNT LABEL !ANONVOLS ALWAYSOPEN
Device state:
!OPENED !TAPE !LABEL !MALLOC !APPEND !READ !EOT !WEOT !EOF !NEXTVOL
!SHORT !MOUNTED
num_writers=1 block=5

Device parameters:
Archive name: /backups/ Device name: FileStorage
File=0 block=197
Min block=0 Max block=0

Configuration files:
bacula-sd.conf:
Device {
  Name = FileStorage
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /backups/
  LabelMedia = yes;                   # lets Bacula label unlabeled media
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;               # when device opened, read it
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = yes;
}

director:
Pool {
  Name = Default
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = yes                       # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 31 days         # one year

  Maximum Volumes = 13
  Maximum Volume Bytes = 25G    #25 GB
  Label Format = Volumes                #(should I pick a different
name/ format)

}

--
Radim Roška