Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Learning Git

2009-09-12 00:13:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Learning Git
From: Graham TerMarsch <bacula AT howlingfrog DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 20:52:23 -0700
On September 11, 2009, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> To encourage developers to learn Git and to use it, we (the project) would
> like to make the following offer:
>
> If you are an active Bacula contributor (signed an FLA or in the AUTHORS
> file) and plan to send us something in the next 6-12 months, the project
> will be happy to purchase a copy of a Git book and send it to you.

*Wow.*

Kern, you repeatedly manage to impress me with your professionalism and your
ongoing concern for the betterment of the project and the team.  This is
another one of those occasions.

Although I've seen other projects where the team lead says "We want you to
keep contributing, how can we help?", I can't think of any where I have seen
the team lead say "We want you to keep contributing, and we're willing to pay
for some resources/training to make it possible for you to do so.".

Kern++

--
Graham TerMarsch
Howling Frog Internet Development, Inc.