Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job_Name is waiting on Storage Storage_Name

2009-08-26 17:13:56
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job_Name is waiting on Storage Storage_Name
From: Xavier Romero <XRomero AT nexica DOT com>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 23:08:31 +0200
>> I'm just installed and set up Bacula, and there is one last issue I'm being
>> unable to fix.
>>
>> It is that I can't achieve concurrency, and director says something like
>> "Job_Name is waiting on Storage Storage_Name"
>>
>> For diferent jobs on different clients.
>>

>> However, I've set up
>>
>> Director configuration:
>>  Maximum concurrent jobs=100 #on director resource
>>  Maximum concurrent jobs=20 #on storage resource
>>  Maximum concurrent jobs=5 #on client resource
>>  Maximum concurrent jobs=5 #on Job resource
>>
>> Storage configuration:
>>  Maximum concurrent jobs=50 #on storage resource
>>

>> My configuration is
>> - Bacula 3.0.2
>> - Single catalog on PostgreSQL
>> - Director and Storage daemons (and postgresql) on that same server
>> - 4 clients and 4 pools, each client on a different pool
>> - Single storage on File type (1TB space iscsi-mounted on a SAN box)
>>

>> What could be wrong?
>> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks you very much !!
>>

>Do the jobs that you want to run concurrently go to different pools?
>
>John

I've intentionally set each client-job to different pool, so i have

Client A, client B, client C and client D
Job A, job B, job C, job D (job A belongs to client A, and so on)
Pool A, pool B, pool C, pool D

Job A is set to pool A, job B set to pool B, and so on...

And that way I get the message
"Job_B is waiting on Storage Storage_Name"
While Job_A is running.

Is that a restriction on File storage, or may I set some ohter parameter
somewhere?

Thank you !!

Xavier Romero