Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] VSS on Vista/Win2008 x64

2009-08-05 12:58:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] VSS on Vista/Win2008 x64
From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh AT gcd DOT ie>
To: Shawn <shawn AT artemide DOT us>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 17:54:42 +0100
Hi,

On Wed, 05 Aug 2009, Shawn wrote:

> > Has anyone looked into compiling a 64-bit v2.4 package?

> Would that resolve this? I'm also trying the hotfix mentioned in another
> response, will see if that does the trick first.

If these posts are to be believed, it might.

        http://www.adsm.org/lists/html/Bacula-users/2009-01/msg00542.html

http://www.nabble.com/VSS-failure-backing-up-Exchange-on-Windows-Server-2008-64bit-td18743108.html
        http://www.adsm.org/lists/html/Bacula-users/2009-01/msg00552.html

I'm really not qualified to say though.  Apparently the reason v3 works is
that there's a 64-bit build for win32 so if a 64-bit build of v2.4 for
win32 were possible, one might hope it would work.  I've no idea how much
trouble that might be to achieve though.

Gavin