Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] empty storage resource used for restore jobs

2009-08-05 13:12:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] empty storage resource used for restore jobs
From: Brian Clarkson <brianc AT lnstar DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 12:08:55 -0500
I've almost completed my upgrades from 1.36.3 to 2.4.1 but I've
encountered one last problem.

Backup jobs appear to run correctly.  Restore jobs do not.  (I can't be
100% sure about proper backup unless I can restore files.)

When using the (command-line) console to restore a file I get the
following error after marking files:

> Storage "" not found, using Storage "BenderStorage" from MediaType
"File".

The job preview looks like this:

Run Restore job
JobName:         Restore Leela
Bootstrap:       /var/lib/bacula/colo-dir.restore.1.bsr
Where:           /tmp/bacula-restores
Replace:         always
FileSet:         Full Set Leela
Backup Client:   leela-fd
Restore Client:  leela-fd
Storage:         BenderStorage
When:            2009-08-05 12:02:55
Catalog:         MyCatalog
OK to run? (yes/mod/no): yes
Job queued. JobId=11150

Everything there looks OK to me.

The console says the restore job has begun but files aren't actually
restored.  The following message is displayed in the console:

> 05-Aug 12:03 colo-dir JobId 11150: Start Restore Job
Restore_Leela.2009-08-05_12.02.03

I can't see anything wrong with the restore job definition or the
storage definition.

bacula-dir.conf defines the Job and Storage as follows:

Job {
  Name = "Restore Leela"
  Type = Restore
  Client = leela-fd
  FileSet="Full Set Leela"
  Storage = BenderStorage
  Pool = LSIPool
  Messages = Standard
  Where = /tmp/bacula-restores
}

Storage {
  Name = BenderStorage
  Address = bender.lnstar.com
  SDPort = 9103
  Password = "samplepass"
  Device = LSIBackup
  Media Type = File
}

The device definition from bacula-sd.conf

Device {
  Name = LSIBackup
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /home/bacula-data/LSI
  LabelMedia = yes;
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;
  RemovableMedia = no;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
}

I'm at a complete loss.  Thanks for any help.

Brian