Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Rescue CD - Boot Problems

2009-04-22 03:35:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Rescue CD - Boot Problems
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 09:30:05 +0200
Hello Beorn,

22.04.2009 08:14, Beorn Harris wrote:

first, welcome to this mailing list! I - and surely many others - are
glad you found Bacula and we hope we can work together on your and
other's problems in the future!

> Hi,
>
> I have been tearing my hair out over this one...I am trying to test a bare
> metal recovery, but so far have been unable to get the bacula rescue CDROM to
> boot.  I am able to generate the CDROM, and it gets past the isolinux
> selection menu, but fails after initial kernel load...

As the rescue CDROM project suffered from this sort of problems all
the time, Kern decided to go a different way - using an adapted Ubuntu
to boot from a USB stick (it's probably possible to use a CD as a boot
media with a bit of effort, too).

You'll find the necessary stuff in the svn: trunk/rescue/linux/usb. I
don't know how detailed the manual is, but a quick glance reveals two
README files at least.

Hope you succeed using that stuff!

Arno

Arno Lehmann