Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] 2 storage 1 pool

2009-03-30 10:49:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] 2 storage 1 pool
From: Massimo Schenone <mschenone AT sorint DOT it>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 16:45:19 +0200
Hi all,
is it reasonable to use 1 pool across a tape and a disk storage? I'd
like to implement some sort of high availability backing up daily to
tape library (preferred storage..), when a fault occurs simply switch to
disk and then failbackup to tape library via a migration job. I suppose
bacula itself has not this kind of automation, however I think it's
easily scriptable.. in the worst case updating db tables!
Are there any guidelines or experience on that?

One more question.. I saved some data on file storage, then migrated
jobs to tape and run manual pruning on volume. Records referring to
original jobs are still there and query 14 shows the jobs as if they
were not expired. I assumed volume expiration causes job expiration and
indeed restore command shows migrated jobs instead of the original
ones.. bacula version 2.2.8 on solaris 10

Thanks,
Massimo