Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Doubt on recycling of volumes

2009-03-28 19:36:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Doubt on recycling of volumes
From: Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas AT gmx DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 20:31:32 -0300
On Wednesday, 25 March 2009 22:52:03 -0400,
John Drescher wrote:

> >> So the tapes can only be manually recycle must be 'Recycle = no' in
> >> the pool definition and that flag 'recycled' in each volume must be
> >> zero?

> > AutoPrune = no
> > Recycle = no
> > In the pool should be enough.
> > http://bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Configuring_Director.html#PoolResource

> One other word of caution. Changing settings in the pool resource does
> not effect already labeled volumes in the pool. If you make changes
> and you want to apply these to all your labeled volumes for a pool use
> the
>
> update command and then select "Pool from resource"
>
> bacula # bconsole
> Connecting to Director jmd0:9101
> 1000 OK: jmd0-dir Version: 2.5.42-b2 (16 March 2009)
> Enter a period to cancel a command.
> *update
> Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
> Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
> Update choice:
>      1: Volume parameters
>      2: Pool from resource
>      3: Slots from autochanger
>      4: Long term statistics
> Choose catalog item to update (1-4): .
> Selection aborted, nothing done.
> *

Running que update command selecting 'Pool from resource' after to have
configured the parameters 'AutoPrune = no' and 'Recycle = no' in the
resource Pool I suppose that must give the same effect that to perform a
'reload' of the director config. Is it correct?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37