Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Doubt on recycling of volumes

2009-03-25 21:32:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] Doubt on recycling of volumes
From: Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas AT gmx DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:20:20 -0300
Hi all!

I have the following doubt that I would like to know if you could
clarify to me. I have a tape group from full pool that was not on in
tape library and Bacula turn it to 'purged' state. This means that if I
return the tapes again to the jukebox then I could not recover what they
contain?

I had thought, like preventive measure to have tapes of full pool whose
information is always accessible independent of the time, that they are
only possible to be manually recycle. What think of this measurement?

So the tapes can only be manually recycle must be 'Recycle = no' in the
pool definition and that flag 'recycled' in each volume must be zero?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Daniel
--
Daniel Bareiro - System Administrator
Fingerprint: BFB3 08D6 B4D1 31B2 72B9  29CE 6696 BF1B 14E6 1D37