Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Doubt on recycling of volumes

2009-03-25 23:04:24
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Doubt on recycling of volumes
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: dbareiro AT gmx DOT net, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:52:03 -0400
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:44 PM, John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> 2009/3/25 Daniel Bareiro <daniel-listas AT gmx DOT net>:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> I have the following doubt that I would like to know if you could
>> clarify to me. I have a tape group from full pool that was not on in
>> tape library and Bacula turn it to 'purged' state. This means that if I
>> return the tapes again to the jukebox then I could not recover what they
>> contain?
>>
> You can recover them as long as you do not write to them. First mark
> the volumes recycle=0 then mark them Full. Then use bscan to get back
> the jobs and file records that were purged from the database.
>>
>> I had thought, like preventive measure to have tapes of full pool whose
>> information is always accessible independent of the time, that they are
>> only possible to be manually recycle. What think of this measurement?
>>
> The full pool has no such feature. Bacula will recycle volumes
> depending on the rules you set when you configured the pool.
>
>> So the tapes can only be manually recycle must be 'Recycle = no' in the
>> pool definition and that flag 'recycled' in each volume must be zero?
>>
> AutoPrune = no
> Recycle = no
> In the pool should be enough.
> http://bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Configuring_Director.html#PoolResource

One other word of caution. Changing settings in the pool resource does
not effect already labeled volumes in the pool. If you make changes
and you want to apply these to all your labeled volumes for a pool use
the

update command and then select "Pool from resource"

bacula # bconsole
Connecting to Director jmd0:9101
1000 OK: jmd0-dir Version: 2.5.42-b2 (16 March 2009)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
*update
Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
Update choice:
     1: Volume parameters
     2: Pool from resource