Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to list file sizes in terminated jobs

2009-03-27 09:27:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to list file sizes in terminated jobs
From: Craig Ringer <craig AT postnewspapers.com DOT au>
To: Foo <bfoo33 AT yahoo.co DOT uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:17:11 +0900
Foo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to mod query option 12 to list not just path/filename but size
> too, possibly other attributes like permissions, datestamps etc.
>
> Is this info kept in the catalog somewhere or does Bacula parse volume
> files for this? If the latter, has anyone done any scripting to parse it
> out?

bacula=# select lstat from file limit 10;
                            lstat
 P0O WxTK IGA B Bp I A CGV BAA Y BJZFDU BJZFDU BJhl5y A A E
 P0O S64N IGA B Bp I A Fk9 BAA w BG3Xjr BG3Xjr BJhl19 A A E
 P0O S69z IGA B Bp I A Il8 BAA BI BHXfh7 BHXfh7 BJhl2C A A E
 P0O WyYX IGA B Bp I A 03 BAA I BIaYnu BIaYnu BJhl6n A A E
 P0O cwCb IGA B Bp I A u8 BAA I BG+LWX BG+LWX BJhlz6 A A E
 P0O S7+A IGA B Bp I A WU BAA I BFyXd7 BFyXd7 BJhl2v A A E
 P0O S48l IGA B Bp I A C8p BAA Y BHDJTA BHDJTA BJhl0q A A E
 P0O Wwmy IGA B Bp I A JSe BAA BQ BEiXP/ BCfs3t BJhl3L A A E
 P0O S6T7 IGA B Bp I A Blv BAA Q BEiXPk BBF3b0 BJhl1k A A E
 P0O S6cp IGA B Bp I A jD BAA I BEiXQT BDc/GY BJhl1p A A E
(10 rows)

So ... it's there - apparently base64 encoded according to the docs,
though not with the normal end markers or anything it seems). It's
certainly not in a form I'd call convenient or handy. It'll compress
well though, which is nice since in PostgreSQL text fields like this
will be stored compressed.

OTOH, in PostgreSQL Bacula could just store the binary structure
directly in a bytea field, which would be even smaller.

It'd be really nice if Bacula could store this information in a more
query-friendly way.

--
Craig Ringer