Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Strange behaviour with Mutliple Run statements in Job Resource

2009-03-26 05:26:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] Strange behaviour with Mutliple Run statements in Job Resource
From: Andreas Bogacki <Andreas AT Bogacki DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:18:11 +0100
Hi,

I seem to have found a problem with multiple Run statments in a Job
resource.
My setup is a bit strange due to too little storage in one place so I
set up some migrate jobs.

scheduled backup1 Job writes to filestorage1
migrate1 Job moves from filestorage1 to filestorage2 based on volumetime
migrate2 Job moves from filestorage2 to filestorage3 based on volumetime
migrate3 Job moves from filestorage3 to filestorage4 based on volumetime

The prefered execution order would be migrate3, migrate2, migrate1, backup1.
Using priorities to get that order is not practical for there are lots
of other backup jobs. (last time I tried I had a Weekend full of jobs
waiting for one mount request)

Run is not recursive so I tryed to use multiple run statements in the
backup1 Job.
This lead to the director spawning a massive amount of those migrate
jobs (not 3 as expected but 20+). I suppose this behaviour is somewhat
wrong.

Is there any way to define dependecies between jobs that go deeper than
just "start this single job befor this one is run" or will I have to
create staggered schedules with all jobs having the same priority.

thanks for your help
Andreas Bogacki