Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Relocating a bacula host, database, dir & sd

2009-03-26 05:19:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Relocating a bacula host, database, dir & sd
From: terryc <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 20:13:02 +1100
Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 03:35:19PM +1100, terryc wrote:
>> Due to hardware recognition problems in the latest version of
>> Debian(lenny), I might have to relocate my bacula host to another boxen.
>>
>> Are there any gotchas(likely problems)?
>> My main area of concern is the database?
>
> Hi Terry,
>
> as long as the other box can read the tapes fine I don't see any
> issues with using the volumes on the other machine. Just make sure to
> have a mysqldump handy in case that things go pear shaped.
>
> All the best & good luck,

Thanks.
Delayed atm as I found a solution to the problem. Debian was upgraded
from etch to lenny and instantly started loading hard disks on a pci
card before those on the motherboard. End result nothing worked.

The solution there was to LABEL every partition and swap space, then
mount it based onthe label rather than physical location.

Now I can get back to the bacula problem of not recognising the pool
associated with a tape. (separate post).

Will have to eventually do this I nedd to rationalise the number of
boxen in the soho as we wind down.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Bicycles, Appropriate Technology, Natural Environment, Welding