Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem restart bacula-director daemon

2009-03-18 19:10:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem restart bacula-director daemon
From: terryc <terryc AT woa.com DOT au>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:00:51 +1100
Hosley wrote:

>> That is why I suggested having a window open in the console and doing a
>> "reload" in the console, then reading the resultant message as it will
>> tell you what is wrong with the new config file.
>>

>  The 'new config file' are always good , the problem is that i need reboot
> system to execute de job,

Um, under Debian I just go (as root)
/etc/init.d/bacula-director stop
/etc/init,d/bacula-director start

Can you do similar under ubuntu?

> if i don't change director config and restart bacula-director daemon the
> bacula will stop the job when i will do a run in bconsole, and i must reboot
> to do the job

See comment below about restart. This might explain it.

> root@ubuntuserver:~# cd ..
> root@ubuntuserver:/# cd etc
> root@ubuntuserver:/etc# cd init.d
> root@ubuntuserver:/etc/init.d# ./bacula-director restart
>  * Stopping Bacula Director:
>                                         [ OK ]
>  * Starting Bacula Director:
>                                         [ OK ]

Aargh, no idea if it matters, but since the days of NFS on *nix, I have
NEVER used "restart". It mostly doesn't work for some reson. I always
use the stop then start commands.

Give it a try.

> Thanks for your interest and sorry for my poor writing english

The tyranny of the "majority"(?) culture.

--
Terry Collins {:-)}}}}}
Bicycles, Appropriate Technology, Natural Environment, Welding