Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Problem restart bacula-director daemon

2009-03-18 07:30:56
Subject: [Bacula-users] Problem restart bacula-director daemon
From: Hosley <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 07:21:18 -0400

> That is why I suggested having a window open in the console and doing a
> "reload" in the console, then reading the resultant message as it will
> tell you what is wrong with the new config file.

 The 'new config file' are always good , the problem is that i need reboot
system to execute de job, if i don't change director config and restart
bacula-director daemon the bacula will stop the job when i will do a run in
bconsole, and i must reboot to do the job

>  are you saying that the job "just stops" with no error messages?

 Exactly, the job is stopped,cancelled

 And oddly when i restart bacula-director , bconsole change  language of
console command (english to spanish)

> Perhaps if you post the job report/console message output, someone else
> may be able to assist.

 Bacula   :D

root@ubuntuserver:~# bconsole
Connecting to Director localhost:9101
1000 OK: servidor-ubuntu Version: 2.4.2 (26 July 2008)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
*run
Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog
Using Catalog "MyCatalog"
A job name must be specified.
The defined Job resources are:
     1: Backup
     2: RestoreFiles
Select Job resource (1-2): 1
Run Backup job
JobName:  Backup
Level:    Full
Client:   plataforma2-fd
FileSet:  Test Set
Pool:     Default (From Job resource)
Storage:  File (From Job resource)
When:     2009-03-18 12:14:10
OK to run? (yes/mod/no): yes
Job queued. JobId=93

Bacula [Evil or Very Mad]

*quit
root@ubuntuserver:~# cd ..
root@ubuntuserver:/# cd etc
root@ubuntuserver:/etc# cd init.d
root@ubuntuserver:/etc/init.d# ./bacula-director restart
 * Stopping Bacula Director:
                                      [ OK ]
 * Starting Bacula Director:
                                      [ OK ]
root@ubuntuserver:/etc/init.d# bconsole
Connecting to Director localhost:9101
1000 OK: servidor-ubuntu Versión: 2.4.2 (26 July 2008)
Enter a period to cancel a command.
*run
Seleccionada automáticamente Catálogo: MyCatalog
Usando catálogo "MyCatalog"
Se debe especificar un nombre de  trabajo.
Los recursos de trabajo definidos son:
     1: Backup
     2: RestoreFiles
Seleccione un recurso de trabajo (1-2): 1
Correr trabajo Copia de seguridad
Nombredetrabajo:  Backup
Nivel:    Full
Cliente:   plataforma2-fd
Conjunto de archivos:  Test Set
Conjunto:     Default (desde Recurso de trabajo)
Almacenamiento:  File (desde Recurso de trabajo)
Donde:     2009-03-18 12:18:05
Prioridad: 10
¿De acuerdo en correr? (yes/mod/no): yes
Trabajo parado. -->Spanish, in english mean equal that Job Stopped

Thanks for your interest and sorry for my poor writing english