Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] End of tape error

2009-03-17 06:31:51
Subject: [Bacula-users] End of tape error
From: Prashant Ramhit <prashant AT bluebarracuda DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 10:21:46 +0000
Hi All,
I am using a SuperLoader 3 - LTO4 and I had the following error.
I think the end of the tape is reached.

10-Mar 09:41 server-sd JobId 52: Error: Unable to position to end of
data on device "TapeDrive" (/dev/nst0): ERR=dev.c:896 ioctl MTEOM error
on "TapeDrive" (/dev/nst0).
ERR=Input/output error.

I want to add *Maximum Volume Bytes *to the storage-dir-conf but do not
know whether to add 800GB or 1.6TB to the tape as I am using compressed,
GZIP backup.

i.e is it

*Maximum Volume Bytes = 800gb

or

**Maximum Volume Bytes = 1600gb*

Or is there another way to get to change the tape at End of Tape is reached.

Can some one please help.

Regards,
Prashant