Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] format of feature requests

2009-03-14 17:04:47
Subject: [Bacula-users] format of feature requests
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 16:56:39 -0400
Kern Sibbald wrote:

> To everyone:
> In the future, please (everyone) pay careful attention to formating your
> request (i.e. leading spaces, line separation and such) so that it
> corresponds exactly to the format in the projects file.  As these are
> presented, they are almost unreadable when copied and pasted into the
> projects file, and so to make it readable, I have to spend considerable time
> dealing with formating.  If you do not understand what I mean take a look at
> the current project file and try to find and read some of the more recent
> submissions.
>
> Thanks for your consideration of the request.

I suggest a slight change of policy.

If a request is accepted, but is in the incorrect format, it should be
put on hold until the submitter adjusts the format.  It is in their
interest to reformat.

I say "accepted then reformat" because there's no sense in asking
someone to reformat if it's been rejected.

Of course, I'd also go for "reject the submission if incorrectly
formated".  I think shifting the work to those better suited to carry
out the work is a good idea.

Developers are not expected to do a bunch of text formating.  It's not
because they can't do it.  It's because others can easily do it, thus
freeing up developer time to do developer things.

--
Dan Langille