Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Feature request: enter a JobId, automatically select dependents

2009-03-14 16:32:38
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] Feature request: enter a JobId, automatically select dependents
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 21:21:51 +0100
On Friday 13 March 2009 13:00:37 Graham Keeling wrote:
> Hello,
> Here is a feature request.
>

> Item n: 'restore' menu: enter a JobId, automatically select dependents
>
> Origin: Graham Keeling (graham AT equiinet DOT com)
>
> Date: 13 March 2009

> What: Add to the bconsole 'restore' menu the ability to select a job
> by JobId, and have bacula automatically select all the dependent jobs.
>
> Why: Currently, you either have to...
> a) laboriously type in a date that is greater than the date of the backup
> that you want and is less than the subsequent backup (bacula then figures
> out the dependent jobs), or
> b) manually figure out all the JobIds that you want and laboriously type
> them all in.
> It would be extremely useful (in a programmatical sense, as well as for
> humans) to be able to just give it a single JobId and let bacula do the
> hard work (work that it already knows how to do).

I have added this to the projects file with some notes from me on how to
clarify it so the user is not confused.

To everyone:
In the future, please (everyone) pay careful attention to formating your
request (i.e. leading spaces, line separation and such) so that it
corresponds exactly to the format in the projects file.  As these are
presented, they are almost unreadable when copied and pasted into the
projects file, and so to make it readable, I have to spend considerable time
dealing with formating.  If you do not understand what I mean take a look at
the current project file and try to find and read some of the more recent
submissions.

Thanks for your consideration of the request.

Kern