Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula not use all bandwidth of network

2009-03-11 17:46:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula not use all bandwidth of network
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Victor Hugo dos Santos <listas.vhs AT gmail DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:37:02 -0400
On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Victor Hugo dos Santos
<listas.vhs AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have this network topology:
> - ~ 40 servers/clients
> - 1 director
> - 2 storages
> - all servers connect in Gigabits switches and GB network cards too.  :-)
> - all baculas (director and sotrages) and all linux servers connect
> with 2 network card in bonding mode 6
>
> well.. my problem is that jobs, don't exceed more that "1500 KB/s" !!! :-(
> this is a report, with 20 faster jobs of today.
> ========
> 9.2 KB/s
> 10.6 KB/s
> 16.2 KB/s
> 53.9 KB/s
> 72.2 KB/s
> 98.2 KB/s
> 311.3 KB/s
> 380.5 KB/s
> 521.6 KB/s
> 720.1 KB/s
> 805.8 KB/s
> 1044.6 KB/s
> 1188.1 KB/s
> 1325.9 KB/s
> 1381.5 KB/s
> 1409.5 KB/s
> 1419.9 KB/s
> 1446.9 KB/s
> 1462.8 KB/s
> 8597.6 KB/s
> ============
>
> ridiculously, the last job in the list (the fastest).. is my own
> machine.. a PC connected in 100MB switch !!! :-(
> testing performance between clients and bacula servers (with rsync,
> scp, nc) ... the worst result is 40 MB/s
>
> ideas ?? commentaries ??

This is expected for incremental backups because the hard drive spends
most of the time thrashing finding the files to backup. However in
most cases even with the low data rate this is much faster than
running a full backup with a much higher backup rate.

John