Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula with an empty tape drive (was:mtx-changerloaded issues)

2009-03-09 15:28:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula with an empty tape drive (was:mtx-changerloaded issues)
From: "Robert LeBlanc" <robert AT leblancnet DOT us>
To: "\(private\) HKS" <hks.private AT gmail DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 13:20:44 -0600
> Thanks for the responses. The trouble listed in my other thread is
> mostly due to OpenBSD's chio utility not keeping track of the slot
> from which the currently loaded tape was pulled.
>
> I'm unclear on your response, though. Are you saying that btape gives
> you problems if you don't have a tape loaded? If it's working, would
> you mind including your storage configs?

Btape bombs out if there is not a tape loaded. I have to manually load a
tape, also if bacula-sd is running, I have to first release the drive,
then manually load the tape and then run btape.

I thought bacula kept track of where the tapes were loaded from. The
reason I suspect this is that before I had udev map the drives based on
WWID, tapes would get swapped when the drives did not come up in the
same order. The mtx command showed the correct slot loaded in the drive,
but Bacula would switch them.

Robert LeBlanc
Life Sciences Computer Support
Brigham Young University