Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Quantum Superloader3 LT04

2009-03-09 13:22:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Quantum Superloader3 LT04
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Prashant Ramhit <prashant AT bluebarracuda DOT com>, "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 13:16:27 -0400
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Prashant Ramhit
<prashant AT bluebarracuda DOT com> wrote:
> Hi John,
> Yes the changer unloaded the tape then I had the error message.

I think you need a delay after the load. There is a section it the
mtx-changer that talks about this. The reason why I believe this is
the cause is the following line:

3992 result="Unloading drive 0 into Storage Element 1...mtx: Request
Sense: Long Report=yes

I see this error on my changer if bacula tries to run mtx commands
when the archive is busy doing some other operation.

Here is the lines to change in mtx-changer:
#
# Increase the sleep time if you have a slow device
# or remove the sleep and add the following:
#     sleep 15
 wait_for_drive $device

before the wait_for_drive add sleep 120

and see if that fixes the issue.