Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FreeBSD: changes to rc.d script

2009-03-03 16:16:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FreeBSD: changes to rc.d script
From: Dan Langille <dan AT langille DOT org>
To: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:12:02 -0500
Martin Simmons wrote:
>> Folks:
>>
>> A patch has been proposed for the FreeBSD rc.d script.  If you can test
>> this and let me know if it works for you:
>>
>>    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/132286
>
> You may want to raise a new pr for this, but maybe the numbers 9101 etc should
> be set from @dir_port@ etc during configure like with
> scripts/bacula-ctl-dir.in etc in the Bacula source code?

That is a very good idea.

Looking at the code, I see examples within our src that hardcodes those
numbers:

platforms/suse/bacula.in:       killproc @sbindir@/bacula-dir 9101
platforms/suse/bacula.in:       status @sbindir@/bacula-dir 9101
platforms/gentoo/bacula-init.in:      start-stop-daemon --stop --quiet
--pidfile /var/run/bacula-dir.9101.pid

On FreeBSD, if you're going to deviate from the defaults set in the rc.d
script, you can do this by setting values in /etc/rc.conf, like this:

   bacula_sd_pidfile="/var/run/bacula-sd.29103.pid"

An entry such as the above tells the rc.d system what PID file to use.
The PID file used by the daemon is set during the configure stage of the
port (i.e. bacula).

Conclusion: no action required just now.

Agreed?  It'd be nice to have, but I don't know how to do it.  I'd
welcome patches from others though.

--
Dan Langille