Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FreeBSD: changes to rc.d script

2009-03-03 16:08:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FreeBSD: changes to rc.d script
From: Brian McDonald <bmcdonald AT lustygrapes DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:05:03 -0500
On Tuesday 03 March 2009 3:50:31 pm Dan Langille wrote:
> >> Folks:
> >>
> >> A patch has been proposed for the FreeBSD rc.d script.  If you can test
> >> this and let me know if it works for you:
> >>
> >>    http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/132286
> >
> > You may want to raise a new pr for this, but maybe the numbers 9101 etc
should
> > be set from @dir_port@ etc during configure like with
> > scripts/bacula-ctl-dir.in etc in the Bacula source code?
>
> That is a very good idea.
>
> I am not sure how to do that based on files/bacula-dir.in being outside
> the bacula source directory.

You would probably need to reverse the source of 'truth' for the port numbers.
The port's Makefile would have a BACULA_DIR_PORT= parameter which would then
be set in the .in startup scripts, and also applied to the configure
arguments as needed.  Then, the configure process in the source files would
propogate that setting out to the rest of bacula as needed.

Brian