Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restoring from volumes on multiple storages

2009-02-25 12:41:07
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restoring from volumes on multiple storages
From: Graham Keeling <graham AT equiinet DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:37:05 +0000
Hello,

Here I'm using bacula-2.2.8.

I have a bacula storage daemon, 'Disk 1' (Device 'Disk 1.0') and a bacula
storage daemon, 'BPL2Disk 1' (Device 'BPL2Disk 1.0').
There is one backup job allowed per volume.

'BPL2Disk 1' has a full backup and several incrementals.
'Disk 1' has the latest incremental.

When I try to restore a job that needs four volumes in total including the
latest one on 'Disk 1', it seems as if bacula doesn't bother trying to find
the last volume on the second storage. It just tries the first and gives up.

I have attached the .bsr file that was produced for the restore job. You can
see that it has got the device names correct.

The attached file 'log' shows the commands that I entered for the restore job
into bconsole, the questions that it asked me, and the messages that bacula
logged when it tried to run the restore.
It clearly shows that bacula knows where the different volumes are, but it
then ignored that information and tried to find all the volumes on
'BPL2Disk 1'.

Have a found a bug, a limitation, a feature, or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks,
Graham.