Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] ClientAfterJob: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.

2009-02-24 10:50:33
Subject: [Bacula-users] ClientAfterJob: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.
From: "KNOPS Manfred" <Manfred.KNOPS AT 3ds DOT com>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:47:05 +0100

Hello bacula-users-maillist,

The bacula directory runs on a openSuSE 11.0 x86_64 machine.

I have a problem with the job resource RunsOnSuccess.

I configured a RunsOnSuccess resource for some backups which backups windows clients.

Here is the configuration:

JobDefs {

  Name=mail_foo

  RunScript {

    RunsWhen = After

    RunsOnSuccess = Yes

    Command="/usr/local/sbin/listing.sh %c %i %l foo AT bar DOT com"

  }

}

The shell script works. I tested it manually. The path /usr/local/sbin are included in $PATH.

Then I tested it on one windows client. I called bconsole –c C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/bacula/bconsole.conf and started a full job manually.

The backup starts and the files were backuped. But bacula didn’t start the script.

Therefore it send me following messages:

genesis-fd JobId 477: ClientAfterJob: run command "/usr/local/sbin/listing.sh HOSTNAME-fd 477 Full foo. AT bar DOT com"

20-Feb 16:35 HOSTNAME-fd JobId 477: ClientAfterJob: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.

20-Feb 16:35 genesis-fd JobId 477: Error: Runscript: ClientAfterJob returned non-zero status=1. ERR=Unknown error 20-Feb

“Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden“ means that bacula can’t find the shell script.“

Now my question.

What does it mean with ClientAfterJob?

Does bacula call the script on  client side, on the windows machine?

The documentation says:

Runs On Success Yes/No Yes Run command if JobStatus is successful

Runs On Failure Yes/No No Run command if JobStatus isn’t successful

Runs On Client Yes/No Yes Run command on client

Runs When Before—After—Always Never When run commands

Fail Job On Error Yes/No Yes Fail job if script returns something differen

Command Path to your script

So I mean bacula should call this command on server side, not on client side.

Regards

Manfred