Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] restores from backups that were creted with bpipe?

2009-02-23 20:14:34
Subject: [Bacula-users] restores from backups that were creted with bpipe?
From: "Jason A. Kates" <jason AT kates DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 20:11:35 -0500
I have been kicking the tires with bacula-2.5.28-b1 and the bpipe
backups seem to be a very nice addition.    I have been able to backup
data directly from mysql.

My issue is I would like to restore the data in the same manor and I
haven't been able to pull it off.

The restores currently write the file back to the file system instead of
calling mysql.

This is the file set that I am using for my test.

FileSet {
        Name = "MYSQL-BPIPE-TEST"
        Include {
                Options {
                        signature = MD5
                }
        Plugin =
"bpipe:/bpipe/MYSQL-DUMP-ALL-DATABASES.sql:/usr/bin/mysqldump
--max_allowed_packet=32M -f --all-databases -u MYSQL_USER
--password=MYSQL_PASSWORD:/usr/bin/mysql -u MYSQL_USER
--password=MYSQL_PASSWORD  --one-database test"
        }
}

In the restore I edit the restore job to use this fileset and it doesn't
seem to use the plugin but just places the MYSQL-DUMP-ALL-DATABASES.sql
on the file system.

Idea's of what to test would be appreciated.   This is not a production
issue, just something that I am attempting to play with.

                                Thanks -Jason

Jason A. Kates (jason AT kates DOT org)
Fax:    208-975-1514
Phone:  212-400-1670 x2