Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] restores from backups that were creted with bpipe?

2009-02-24 02:18:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] restores from backups that were creted with bpipe?
From: "Jason A. Kates" <jason AT kates DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 02:15:10 -0500
I recompiled the client from the SVN trunk and I am making progress:
sudo /sbin/bacula-fd -d2 -f /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf
ERROR 1153 (08S01) at line 25346: Got a packet bigger than
'max_allowed_packet' bytes

Just having mysql issues now...   I think that I should be set.

                        Thanks -Jason

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 20:11 -0500, Jason A. Kates wrote:
> I have been kicking the tires with bacula-2.5.28-b1 and the bpipe
> backups seem to be a very nice addition.    I have been able to backup
> data directly from mysql.
>
> My issue is I would like to restore the data in the same manor and I
> haven't been able to pull it off.
>
> The restores currently write the file back to the file system instead of
> calling mysql.
>
> This is the file set that I am using for my test.
>
> FileSet {
>         Name = "MYSQL-BPIPE-TEST"
>         Include {
>                 Options {
>                         signature = MD5
>                 }
>         Plugin =
> "bpipe:/bpipe/MYSQL-DUMP-ALL-DATABASES.sql:/usr/bin/mysqldump
> --max_allowed_packet=32M -f --all-databases -u MYSQL_USER
> --password=MYSQL_PASSWORD:/usr/bin/mysql -u MYSQL_USER
> --password=MYSQL_PASSWORD  --one-database test"
>         }
> }
>
> In the restore I edit the restore job to use this fileset and it doesn't
> seem to use the plugin but just places the MYSQL-DUMP-ALL-DATABASES.sql
> on the file system.
>
> Idea's of what to test would be appreciated.   This is not a production
> issue, just something that I am attempting to play with.
>
>                               Thanks -Jason

Jason A. Kates (jason AT kates DOT org)
Fax:    208-975-1514
Phone:  212-400-1670 x2