Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula director not starting ...help

2009-02-23 21:34:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula director not starting ...help
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 18:28:50 -0800
The first error message is a generic Windows error message that says
that the service never really got off the ground, so to speak. It
started, but stopped pretty much immediately.

The second error message indicates that the bacula director tried to
start up, and then tell the Windows service controller about the
progress, but there was something wrong with the Windows service
manager. It is possible that this was simply a timing issue, and that
when you start bacula-dir again, it will work this time.

The first thing I would do is go to the Services manager (Start | Run,
then type "services.msc" and click on Run). Sort by startup type and see
if all the services set to Automatic have started properly. If they
haven't - try starting them again.

If that doesn't help, reboot. Sometimes that cleans up issues like this.

If that still doesn't help, reinstall bacula-dir.

Jerry Lowry wrote:

> Hi,  We had the power go out for the entire building this morning.
> Once power was restored my backup server started just fine.  There was
> nothing being backed up at the time and the system was idle.  I need
> to get this up and running before tonight.
>

> The problem is when I try to start the bacula director service I am
> getting an error:
>

> Can anyone tell me what this might be pointing to.  I did a google
> search but did not find anything directly related to this problem.
>
> The event viewer gives this error:
>
> Bacula-dir error: 1063 at ../libwin32/service.cpp:174,
> StartServiceCtrlDispatcher failed., The service process could not
> connect to the service controller
>

> Google does not find anything when this is searched on.
>

> If you need any additional info let me know and will post it.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> jerry
>

> Configuration:
>

> MS Server 2003
>
> Bacula 2.2.6
>
> Mysql 5.0.51
>

> #
>
> # Bacula Director Configuration file
>
> #
>
> #  The only thing that MUST be changed is to add one or more
>
> #   file or directory names in the Include directive of the
>
> #   FileSet resource.
>
> #
>
> #  You might also want to change the default email address
>
> #   from root to your address.  See the "mail" and "operator"
>
> #   directives in the Messages resource.
>
> #
>

> Director {                            # define myself
>
>   Name = Distress-dir
>
>   DIRport = 9101                # where we listen for UA connections
>
>   QueryFile = "C:\\Program Files\\Bacula\\bin\\query.sql"
>
>   WorkingDirectory = "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All
> Users\\Application Data\\Bacula\\Work"
>
>   PidDirectory = "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application
> Data\\Bacula\\Work"
>
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 1
>
>   Password = "director"         # Console password
>
>   Messages = Daemon
>
> }
>

> # =======================================================================
>
> # Job definition for backup server
>
> JobDefs {
>
>   Name = "DistressJob"
>
>   Type = Backup
>
>   Level = Incremental
>
>   Client = Distress-fd
>
>   FileSet = "Full Set"
>
>   Schedule = "DistressWeeklyCycle"
>
>   Storage = Weekly
>
>   Messages = Standard
>
>   Pool = Default
>
>   Priority = 10
>
> }
>

> # Job definition for the monthly backup
>
> JobDefs {
>
>   Name = "DistressMonthly"
>
>   Type = Backup
>
>   Level = full
>
>   Client = Distress-fd
>
>   FileSet = "Monthly Set"

> [...]

Kevin Keane
Owner
The NetTech
Find the Uncommon: Expert Solutions for a Network You Never Have to Think About

Office: 866-642-7116
http://www.4nettech.com

This e-mail and attachments, if any, may contain confidential and/or
proprietary information. Please be advised that the unauthorized use or
disclosure of the information is strictly prohibited. The information herein is
intended only for use by the intended recipient(s) named above. If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the e-mail and any copies, printouts or attachments thereof.