Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula autochanger uses only 1 drive on 2

2009-02-18 13:13:30
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula autochanger uses only 1 drive on 2
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Michael Galloway <mgx AT ornl DOT gov>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:10:36 -0500
> maybe try something like this, this is how i have storage configured in my
> director config:
>
> # Definition of DDS tape storage device
> Storage {
>  Name = HP4048
>  SDPort = 9103
>  Media Type = LTO-4                  # must be same as MediaType in Storage
> daemon
>  Autochanger = yes                   # enable for autochanger device
>  Device = LTO4-1
>  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
> }
>
> Storage {
>  Name = LTO4-1
>  Address = krait                # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
>  SDPort = 9103
>  Media Type = LTO-4                  # must be same as MediaType in Storage
> daemon
>  Device = LTO4-1
>  Autochanger = yes                   # enable for autochanger device
>  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
> }
> Storage {
>  Name = LTO4-2
>  Address = krait                # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
>  SDPort = 9103
>  Media Type = LTO-4                  # must be same as MediaType in Storage
> daemon
>  Device = LTO4-2
>  Autochanger = yes                   # enable for autochanger device
>  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
> }

I have done similar in the past to force concurrency. I reset it back
to the autochanger resource now because I have multiple pools that I
run daily so there is not a lot of need for me to have the same pool
running on more than 1 drive. Like others suggested I believe the
"Prefer Mounted Volumes = no" is supposed to allow a pool to be loaded
in more than 1 drive however I have not tested this.

John