Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula autochanger uses only 1 drive on 2

2009-02-18 12:47:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula autochanger uses only 1 drive on 2
From: Michael Galloway <mgx AT ornl DOT gov>
To: bluesman AT bluesman DOT it
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 12:45:43 -0500
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 03:20:51PM +0100, bluesman AT bluesman DOT it wrote:

> Hi All,
>   I'm having a non-critical problem with Bacula in my production
>   environment. I have 2 DELL TL-4000 libraries with 2 drives each.
>   For each library on the Storage daemon I defined the 2 resources
>   for the drives and 1 for the changer:

> Autochanger {
>   Name = DELL-TL4000
>   Device = DELL-TL4000-Drive-1 , DELL-TL4000-Drive-2
>   Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %c %o %S %a %d"
>   Changer Device = /dev/dell-tape
> }
>
> Device {
>   Name = DELL-TL4000-Drive-1                      #
>   Drive Index = 0
>   Media Type = LTO-4
>   Archive Device = /dev/dell-tape-drive-n0
>   AutomaticMount = yes;
>   AlwaysOpen = yes;
>   LabelMedia = yes;
>   RandomAccess = no;
>   Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
>   Autochanger=yes
> }
>
> Device {
>   Name = DELL-TL4000-Drive-2
>   Drive Index = 1
>   Media Type = LTO-4
>   Archive Device = /dev/dell-tape-drive-n1
>   AutomaticMount = yes;
>   AlwaysOpen = yes;
>   LabelMedia = yes;
>   RandomAccess = no;
>   Alert Command = "sh -c 'tapeinfo -f %c |grep TapeAlert|cat'"
>   Autochanger=yes
> }
>
> On the director I configured only the changer resource:

> Storage {
>   Name = DELL-TL4000
>   Address = 10.1.5.109
>   SDPort = 9103
>   Password = *********************************
>   Device = DELL-TL4000-Drive-1 , DELL-TL4000-Drive-2
>   Media Type = LTO-4
>   Autochanger = yes
>   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
> }

maybe try something like this, this is how i have storage configured in my
director config:

# Definition of DDS tape storage device
Storage {
  Name = HP4048
  SDPort = 9103
  Media Type = LTO-4                  # must be same as MediaType in Storage
daemon
  Autochanger = yes                   # enable for autochanger device
  Device = LTO4-1
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
}

Storage {
  Name = LTO4-1
  Address = krait                # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Media Type = LTO-4                  # must be same as MediaType in Storage
daemon
  Device = LTO4-1
  Autochanger = yes                   # enable for autochanger device
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
}
Storage {
  Name = LTO4-2
  Address = krait                # N.B. Use a fully qualified name here
  SDPort = 9103
  Media Type = LTO-4                  # must be same as MediaType in Storage
daemon
  Device = LTO4-2