Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula autochanger uses only 1 drive on 2

2009-02-18 11:23:17
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula autochanger uses only 1 drive on 2
From: John Kloss <John.Kloss AT jhmi DOT edu>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:19:38 -0500
On Feb 18, 2009, at 9:20 AM, bluesman AT bluesman DOT it wrote:

> On the director I configured only the changer resource:

> Storage {
>  Name = DELL-TL4000
>  Address = 10.1.5.109
>  SDPort = 9103
>  Password = *********************************
>  Device = DELL-TL4000-Drive-1 , DELL-TL4000-Drive-2
>  Media Type = LTO-4
>  Autochanger = yes
>  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 4
> }

What version of Bacula are you using (maybe I missed that in your
email)?

I have this working but my conf. looks like

In bacula-sd.conf

Autochanger {
        Name            = L180-Autochanger-01

        Device          = LTO2-01
        Device          = LTO2-02
        Device          = LTO3-01

        Changer Device       =   /dev/changer1
        Changer Command =  . . . same as in documentation . . .
}

Device {
        Name            = LTO2-01

        Drive Index                     = 0
        Media Type                      = LTO2
        Device Type                     = Tape
        Archive Device          = /dev/rmt/4cbn

        Automatic Mount         = Yes
        Always Open             = Yes
        Removable Media = Yes
        Random Access           = No

        AutoChanger             = Yes
}

Device {
        Name                    = LTO2-02

        . . . same format as above . . .
}

The on bacula-dir.conf I have

Storage {
        Name            = Logger-StorageDaemon-L180-LTO2-Autochanger-01
        Password        = . . .

        Address         = . . .
        SD Port         = 9103

        Device          = L180-Autochanger-01  # <--- Note the Device
        Media Type      = LTO2

        Autochanger     = Yes

        Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
}