Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] supported barcodes on Dell PowerVault TL2000 Tape Library

2009-02-13 07:46:05
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] supported barcodes on Dell PowerVault TL2000 Tape Library
From: Ralf Brinkmann <ralf.brinkmann AT wemhoener DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:45:00 +0100
Ralf Brinkmann schrieb:
> I tested barcode type "code39" printed with a Kyocera laserprinter -
> seems not to work. The Dell User’s Guide gives no hint at all.
>
> Any Idea?
>
> Kyocera Prescribe commands:
>
> !R! UNIT D;
>     SCP;
>     BARC 19, Y, 'DO0101L3', 180, 200;
>     RPP; MRP 0, 600;
>     BARC 19, Y, 'DO0102L3', 180, 200;
> EXIT;

in the meantime I changed the size of the barcode labels a little bit to
make them better match to lable field of the cartridge and sticked them
with carpet tape upside down onto the cartridge with the human readable
text string pointing to the top side of the cartridge.
Now it works!

Kyocera Laserprinter Prescribe commands:
(Code 'BARC 19' = CODE 39 with no check digit - google for "Manuel des
commandes Prescribe.PDF")

!R! UNIT D;
    SCP;
    BARC 19, Y, 'DO0201L3', 270, 300;
    SCP; RPP; MRP 0, 600;
    BARC 19, Y, 'DO0202L3', 270, 300;
EXIT;

mtx:
    Storage Element 7:Full :VolumeTag=DO0201L3
    Storage Element 8:Full :VolumeTag=DO0202L3

bconsole:   (after labeling)
    *update slots=7-8
    Catalog record for Volume "DO0201L3" updated to reference slot 7.
    Catalog record for Volume "DO0202L3" updated to reference slot 8.

--
Ralf Brinkmann