Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] moving from 2.0 to 2.4

2009-02-13 07:45:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] moving from 2.0 to 2.4
From: Yann Cézard <yann.cezard AT univ-pau DOT fr>
To: François Mehault <Francois.Mehault AT netplus DOT fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 12:39:43 +0100
François Mehault a écrit :
> Hi Yann Cézard, Hi All
>
> I read your email and I saw that you upgraded your Bacula from 2.0.3 to 2.4.4
> like I want to do. Could you confirm me that I don't need to execute some
> script for the database ? You did just to do that to upgrade ?
>
> ./configure (your options)
> make
> make install
>
> Thanks,
>
> Regards
>
> François

Hi François,

As I said, I did a totally fresh install, I didn't kept back my volumes
nor my databases.
I just migrated my clients from the old installation to the new one day
by day,
activating each job on the new server when it was planned to be done Full.

So I am sorry, I can't say if the database really needs an update or not.

I have read your message, it seems that the difference of database
schema is just
one key that was dropped.
So I would say that it is not really important, having an unused key
will not break
your data, it will just make the insert/delete a little more slow. I think
that you can drop your key from the table, and create the new one (which
in fact
has just be renamed).

Something like :
ALTER TABLE File DROP KEY JobId;
ALTER TABLE File DROP KEY JobId_2;
ALTER TABLE File ADD KEY JobId (JobId, PathId, FilenameId);

But you should better wait for someone else to confirm before doing
this, cause I am not a MySQL expert (nor a Bacula one).
Or just test on a database copy  !

Regards,
--
Yann Cézard - Administrateur Systèmes Serveurs
Centre de Ressources Informatiques    -    http://cri.univ-pau.fr