Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] supported barcodes on Dell PowerVault TL2000 Tape Library

2009-02-13 08:05:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] supported barcodes on Dell PowerVault TL2000 Tape Library
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Ralf Brinkmann <ralf.brinkmann AT wemhoener DOT de>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:02:41 -0500
> in the meantime I changed the size of the barcode labels a little bit to
> make them better match to lable field of the cartridge and sticked them
> with carpet tape upside down onto the cartridge with the human readable
> text string pointing to the top side of the cartridge.
> Now it works!

Good!

I don't have a dell archive but my Exabyte 224 had a document devoted
to the label size and format with  measurements in mm that all the
parts of the label had to be. I printed mine reasonably close to
specifications and it worked even with the label upside down.. I used
a sheet avery label paper that I had from the office. The size of the
cut out labels on the avery paper was much larger than the tape labels
so I was able cut out labels that were the correct size.

John