Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up Microsoft Exchange?!

2009-02-13 03:27:37
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up Microsoft Exchange?!
From: Arno Lehmann <al AT its-lehmann DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:24:53 +0100
Hi,

13.02.2009 08:27, Boniforti Flavio wrote:
>> I use ClientRunBeforeJob to run a batch script before I
>> actually grab all my Exchange server's files. The batch
>> script uses ntbackup to backup Exchange to a file:
>> --
>> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bacula\bin\ntbackup.exe" backup
>> "@C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
>> Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows
>> NT\NTBackup\data\Nightly Backup.bks" /v:no /r:no /rs:no
>> /hc:off /m normal /j "Nightly Backup" /l:s /f
>> "C:\exchbackups\Backup.bkf"
>
> Well, thanks for it, but I *already* use such kind of backups for
> Exchange. The thing is: are there any other means to backup Exchange? I
> mean, the BKF file you get is quite huge and transferring such a big
> file every night or once a week is awful when running "remote
> synchronizations" (I'm actually using rsnapshot).
>
> Any suggestions?

I don't recall if it's been mentioned, but yes:

First, wait. This is because the developers will need some more time
ti get the excheange plugin ready, which will - hopefully - be good
for production use when Bacula 3 is released.

Second, upgrade to Bacula 3, and use the then new exchange plugin.

No fixed schedules...

Arno

> Regards,
> Flavio Boniforti