Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up Microsoft Exchange?!

2009-02-13 02:30:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backing up Microsoft Exchange?!
From: "Boniforti Flavio" <flavio AT piramide DOT ch>
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 08:27:36 +0100
> I use ClientRunBeforeJob to run a batch script before I
> actually grab all my Exchange server's files. The batch
> script uses ntbackup to backup Exchange to a file:
> --
> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bacula\bin\ntbackup.exe" backup
> "@C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local
> Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows
> NT\NTBackup\data\Nightly Backup.bks" /v:no /r:no /rs:no
> /hc:off /m normal /j "Nightly Backup" /l:s /f
> "C:\exchbackups\Backup.bkf"

Well, thanks for it, but I *already* use such kind of backups for
Exchange. The thing is: are there any other means to backup Exchange? I
mean, the BKF file you get is quite huge and transferring such a big
file every night or once a week is awful when running "remote
synchronizations" (I'm actually using rsnapshot).

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Flavio Boniforti

PIRAMIDE INFORMATICA SAGL