Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] help with getting volumes in the catalog

2009-02-12 21:10:16
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] help with getting volumes in the catalog
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Steve Hood <scubasteve95123 AT gmail DOT com>, bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 21:08:09 -0500
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Steve Hood <scubasteve95123 AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:
> actually today I reinstalled Fedora and reinstalled bacula from yum and this
> probem is on a fresh install with no restore of the database.
> I also ran all the btape tests. with no errors.
> HD  backup is working with 2 clients.

Now that is something that makes sense to me.

When you previously labeled these volumes bacula wrote a header to
each tape. Now it is telling you that you can not write a label
because one already exists on the tape. However since your catalog was
wiped clean bacula does not know about the tapes so it refuses to use
them.

Are there only 4 tapes here that have this problem? I am thinking of
solutions on how to reimport the volumes that involves the minimal
amount of work on your part.

John