Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Backing up network drives with windows

2009-02-12 11:51:00
Subject: [Bacula-users] Backing up network drives with windows
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, bplagge AT choicenet.ne DOT jp
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 11:49:12 -0500
On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Bernd Plagge <bplagge AT choicenet.ne DOT jp>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been using Bacula for years to backup my Linux boxes.
> Thanks for a great program!
>
> Now I need to back up a Windows machine.
> Fixed drives (C, D, etc) are no problem.
> However, one of the LAN devices is a disk storage array with built-in Samba.
> It can be configured as a domain member and the various directories are
> shareable.
>
> I didn't succeed to accessing the directories as \\hdd-box\directory1 or
> //hdd-box/directory1 or as Z:/directory1
> How can I backup this box.

The reason why this did not work is bacula will run as user SYSTEM or
(something other) where this drive is not mapped under that users
context. Also I bet the UNC paths failed because the local SYSTEM user
probably has no rights in hdd-box.

John

--
John M. Drescher